Saturday, November 22, 2008

Avatars

Well, you may have noticed either on my blog page or on Facebook (if you're reading my blog from there), that I changed my profile picture. Big deal, right? Probably. Everyone does it. This is part of the new updates to the XBox 360 console. Totally customizable avatars from head to toe. Kind of interesting in a way because as new games are released, avatars can be used "in game". But, it's not just gaming where avatars are being used. If you're in the education field, as I am, you may see people using them there, too. Most recently, I have seen where people I know at work use avatars to make short announcements to our staff and instructors. Basically, they customize the look of their avatar and then record their voice or attach an audio file. The avatar's mouth synchs with the audio, and that's all there really is to it. Just send out a link or publish the avatar to your company's website, and that's it. Lots of uses...and an interesting concept!

No comments: